Like it or not, it's almost that time again when Canadian travellers start considering how they'll be escaping winter when it's inevitable wrath is upon us. Sharing her insight as to what all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotels offers and how travel advisors can best sell the product, CT Magazine spoke with Sarah Smith, business development manager, so you can better prepare yourself for the influx of demand for warm weather escapes.
What is the unique value proposition of all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel properties? What sets these properties apart from other all-inclusives?
The vibe is what really sets the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotels apart; it’s a huge differentiator Whether it’s our music-centric programs like The Sound of Your Stay and Music Lab or the nightlife at our properties including bars and nightclubs, music and entertainment are at the heart of our brand.
What are the top five selling points travel agents should consider when proposing an all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel property to clients?
1. Limitless Resort Credit – Whether it’s the $1,800 Limitless Resort Credit or Double Limitless Resort Credit promotion, this is an added value for all guests. Our resort credit can be spent on the Rock Spa, golf, excursions, romantic dinners and more. There are no limits on the amount that can be spent in each category.
2. Rock Star Accommodations – Our hotels boast spacious, luxury accommodations decked out with over-the-top amenities like 24 hour room service, a liquor dispenser, double hydro spa tubs, unlimited WiFi, long distance calls and more. Clients looking for the ultimate rock star treatment can book a suite that comes with a Personal Assist, or can book in Rock Royalty Level which gives them added perks like exclusive access to pool and beach areas, an on-call Personal Assistant, upgraded room service menu, a pillow menu, a complimentary 25 minute couples massage, ironing service and more.
3. Unmatched Entertainment & Nightlife - Many all-inclusives only offer daily entertainment by the pool or the occasional themed night show, but the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotels offer plenty of nightlife options including live shows, rock band karaoke, premium service nightclubs, and concerts from big name artists like Rihanna, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Lady Antebellum and Enrique Iglesias.
4. Fun for Guests of All Ages – There truly is something fun and unique to do for each age group, making our properties ideal for any type of client you may have whether it’s a family, a bachelorette group, a wedding party or a couple.
5. The All-Inclusive Set List – Everything is included in your stay, even the amenities that usually have an extra cost or only come included at a higher category at other resorts. WiFi, long distance calls, top-shelf liquor dispensors, unlimited a la carte dining with no reservations required, live entertainment and activities—the list goes on.
Describe the type of client who would best be suited for an all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel vacation?
The perfect all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel client is one who loves to have fun and is seeking a unique all-inclusive experience. We’re a great fit for multi-generational family groups, incentive groups, golfers, or even bachelor and bachelorette groups. We’re also an ideal choice for couples seeking a destination wedding with our Colin Cowie designed wedding collections or our Ishq Rocks wedding experiences for South Asian couples.
What are misconceptions about the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel product and what is the reality?
Misconception - All-inclusive Hard Rock Hotels aren’t family friendly.
Reality - All-inclusive Hard Rock Hotels offer family programming for all ages, included in your stay. From our Little Big Club™ with Barney, Bob the Builder, Thomas and Angelina the Ballerina, to Music Lab and Woodward Riviera Maya and Woodward Punta Cana (coming soon).
Why might Canadian travellers consider an all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel getaway for a summer vacation?
• They’ll get more bang for their buck with Limitless Resort Credit that can be used on a number of things to amplify their stay with us.
• Kids stay free (2 children that are 12 and under with a full paying adult) at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana & Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Also, we offer a child rate for anyone under 18.
• Family programming for all ages from our Little Big Club™, teen lounges and arcades, Music Lab and Woodward (coming in 2017)
• Included Ultimate Playtime Package for children 12 and under at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and Cancun; it includes three days with three hours of nanny service each day and age specific in-room amenities.
What’s new among all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel properties?
• Music Lab just debuted at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana providing guests a free interactive and authentic way connect through three music-based experiences: Jam Band (where guests form a rock band), RockTube (where guests star in their own music video), and mix® (where guests learn how to mix tracks).
• Woodward Riviera Maya at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya just broke ground and will debut in 2017. Catering to guests of all skill levels, this will raise the standard of any all-inclusive resort. Woodward Riviera Maya will invite guests to participate in the first-ever indoor snowboarding and snow skiing experience in Mexico, delivering a twist on traditional vacations.
• Double Resort Credit Promotion for the Fall 2016: September 1 - Dec 15 - Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, and Vallarta - Hard Rock Hotel Cancun September 1 - Oct 31, 2016. • New all-inclusive properties coming to Los Cabos and Riviera Cancun in 2018.
• We’ll also be debuting our first EP hotel, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Santo Domingo in 2018.