A new app issued by Discover Los Angeles is designed to help visitors optimize their stay in the city through the simple touch of a phone. The free “virtual pocket concierge” is a content-rich guide that utilizes artificial intelligence to provide thematically synced and personalized content based on weather, time and distance.
Features of the app include:
• Top daily events throughout Los Angeles County
• Finds locations featured in film and television
• Transportation options by bike, car, and Metro
• Locates closest, free WiFi locations
• Develops itineraries based on weather, time and distance
• Suggest accommodations by neighbourhood
• Saves favourite locations
• Content developed exclusively for the app, including summer standouts like al fresco dining, outdoor music festivals and venues, and Pride events.
• Currency converter
“Our partnership with the LA County Arts Commission allows visitors and locals to have the best of Los Angeles at their fingertips.” says Don Skeoch, chief marketing officer of Discover Los Angeles. “The Discover L.A. app is the first-of-its kind to utilize proprietary A.I. built to enhance the Los Angeles experience. Through smart technology, the app literally knows to serve up soup and indoor dining suggestions on cool days; the closest beaches and ice cream on warm days.”
The app was funded in part by a transportation improvement project grant from Metro. Using the app, travellers can easily traverse the city by clicking “get me there,” which will populate transit options by bike, car, and Metro.
"Arts and culture is thriving in Los Angeles County," says Laura Zucker, executive director of the LA County Arts Commission. "At any given moment, in every neighborhood throughout our region, there are cultural events happening and we want to make sure everyone has access to them."
Download the app at: www.discoverlosangeles.com/app
A new app helps visitors make the most of their stay in L.A.