About five years ago, Air Canada introduced its Corporate Rewards program, designed to help small and mid-size businesses manage and track their professional travel, while simplifying the process by which business travellers can book. All it takes is a quick enrollment, from which point, corporations can earn discounts when employees book flights with Air Canada and select partner airlines. Businesses reach new tiers with different levels of spend, and each tier means added benefits. When it comes to how the program applies to travel agencies, Rania Chehade, Air Canada’s national manager – corporate program & rewards, says it’s all about bringing value to SME clients in a unique way, which will not only help service existing SME clients better, but also attract new SME clients.
Chehade explains that there are a few ways in which travel agencies can work with Air Canada’s Corporate Rewards program, which is accessible through Air Canada’s travel agent portal (aircanada.com/agent:):
- If the agency enrolls a company into the Corporate Rewards program.
- If the agency is invited by a corporation to manage an account.
SME clients are often seeking balance between self-service and the expertise of a travel agency, she points out, which is what the program provides; clients can maintain the ability to log-in and make a booking themselves while continuing to be serviced by their travel agency.
“Our agency partners are Air Canada sales ambassadors and they play a key role in representing and explaining the value that this program brings to their clients,” Chehade says, noting that education and understanding is key. “While the Internet is an incredible resource to search and book travel, businesses still rely on the knowledge and expertise of travel agencies as trusted professionals for complex travel,” she adds, emphasizing that agencies can leverage this program as an additional tool in their sales kit. “They understand all the products and they can recommend the best way corporations should organize their business travel to maximize on their savings.”
- The Corporate Rewards program provides great benefits to businesses when it comes to managing travel expenses. Travel agencies can leverage the program to help their clients centralize all their bookings and maximize savings with Air Canada.
- Agencies can manage travel on behalf of their clients or give them access to manage their own; clients will appreciate having access to a tool that accommodates their needs at any given moment.
- The program is accessible via the Air Canada Corporate Rewards online booking tool or via various online booking tools in the market. Regardless, the agency always has access to their clients’ bookings via the online agency version to service their clients at any time.
- “It is important for us to work with our agency partners to continue to grow our businesses together and respond to the needs of our mutual clients,” Chehade says.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOUR CORPORATE CLIENTS? THEY CAN:
- Save on business travel, earn rewards and enjoy exclusive offers.
- Elevate business travel and increase productivity with access to complimentary eUpgrades credits, Maple Leaf Lounge access and Preferred seat selection.
- Discounts on car rentals and Air Canada products and services.
- Employees can continue to earn Aeroplan Miles and Altitude Qualifying Miles.
- Access an exclusive tool to book business travel, reserve car rentals, manage and share itineraries, and keep track of travel expenses.
- Manage corporate and individual traveller profiles.
DID YOU KNOW?
Travel agencies can access online tutorial videos and FAQs for more information about the program, how it works and its benefits to clients. There is also dedicated support for travel agencies and their clients: Call 1888-335-4189 seven days a week, 6 a.m. to midnight or e-mail email@example.com during business hours.