Check-out our conversation with Gabrielle Nydam, the recently-appointed president of Contiki - Canada, who tells us about what's new with Contiki, shares a few sales tips and unveils what's coming down the pipe for 2018.
Interested in learning more about Contiki's new trip style, the Independent Insider? This video is for you:
Prefer to read the details?
As part of its new Europe 2018/19 program, Contiki's new travel style, Independent Insider, will replace the current ‘Easy Pace’ travel style. The all-new travel style comes with the benefits of the Contiki experience, including a Trip Manager with local knowledge, and the ease of having all travel and accommodation planned. But with no structured itineraries, and multiple start and end destinations on each trip, Independent Insider has been designed for ultimate freedom and flexibility.
The Europe Summer Independent Insider itineraries cover some of Europe’s most popular cities including Nice, Copenhagen, Budapest, Mykonos, the Amalfi Coast and Porto. Trips from this new trip style range from three to 12 nights, with three nights in each city, giving millennials the maximum time to delve into every destination without missing out on any bucket list musts.
Each trip can be broken down into four cities allowing millennials to choose to travel to one, two, three or all four destinations.
Each trip will offer multiple Free-Time Add-Ons designed around millennials’ cultural passions such as a Vespa tour in Rome, a Patisserie Tour in Paris and a Cocktail Mixology in Amsterdam. In addition, all Independent Insider trips will include a local and immersive food experience with partner VizEat ensuring young travellers get a taste for local cuisine in the destinations they visit.
The new travel style also offers the option to add two Independent Insider trips together as well as U by Uniworld river cruising experiences onto selected itineraries, giving travellers even more choice and freedom.
Below is a complete breakdown of all Independent Insider trips with each of their individually bookable components:
London to Berlin: London – Paris – Amsterdam – Berlin (summer and winter). The seven variations offer Parisian history, a London bike tour and a cocktail mixology class:
- London to Berlin - 13 days / 12 nights
- London to Paris - 7 days / 6 nights
- London to Amsterdam - 10 days / 9 nights
- Paris to Amsterdam - 7 days / 6 nights
- Paris to Berlin - 10 days / 9 nights
- Amsterdam to Berlin - 7 days / 6 nights
- London Insider - 4 days / 3 nights
Madrid to Lisbon: Madrid – Porto – Algarve – Lisbon (summer only). The four variations offer a boat tour of the Duoro River, a beach day in the turquoise caves of the Algarve and the chance to sip sangria while on a Tapas tour in Madrid:
- Madrid to Lisbon - 13 days / 12 nights
- Madrid to Porto region - 7 days / 6 nights
- Porto region to Lisbon - 7 days / 6 nights
- Madrid Insider - 4 days / 3 nights
Barcelona to Munich: Barcelona – Nice – Milan – Munich + Option to add on U by Uniworld river cruising experience (summer and winter). The four variations offer a boat cruise on Lake Como, a Barcelona street art tour and a few steins in the traditional German beer halls:
- Barcelona to Munich - 13 days / 12 nights
- Barcelona to Nice - 7 days / 6 nights
- Barcelona to Milan - 10 days / 9 nights
- Nice to Milan - 7 days / 6 nights
- Nice to Munich - 10 days / 9 nights
- Milan to Munich - 7 days / 6 nights
- Barcelona Insider - 4 days / 3 nights
Berlin to Budapest: Berlin – Prague – Krakow – Budapest + Option to add on U by Uniworld river cruising experience (summer and winter). The seven variations offer a visit to the Terezin Concentration Camp in Czech Republic, a bike ride along the fairy tale streets of Prague and a traditional dinner in Budapest:
- Berlin to Budapest - 13 days / 12 nights
- Berlin to Prague - 7 days / 6 nights
- Berlin to Krakow - 10 days / 9 nights
- Prague to Krakow - 7 days / 6 nights
- Prague to Budapest - 10 days / 9 nights
- Krakow to Budapest - 7 days / 6 nights
Berlin to Stockholm: Berlin – Copenhagen – Oslo – Stockholm (summer and winter). The seven variations offer a VizEat dining experience in Berlin, a cruise of Copenhagen’s waters and a stroll around Norway’s most stunning landscapes:
- Berlin to Stockholm - 13 days / 12 nights
- Berlin to Copenhagen - 7 days / 6 nights
- Berlin to Oslo - 10 days / 9 nights
- Copenhagen to Oslo - 7 days / 6 nights
- Copenhagen to Stockholm - 10 days / 9 nights
- Oslo to Stockholm - 7 days / 6 nights
- Barcelona Insider - 4 days / 3 nights
Italian Bellissimo: Rome – Tuscany – Italian Riviera – Rome + Option to add on Mediterranean Escape experience (summer only). Offering a Tuscan wine tasting tour, exploration of the ancient monuments in Rome and a boat cruise along the colourful cliffs of the Italian Riviera.
Mediterranean Escape Greek Island Hopping (summer only). Offering a guided tour of the Vatican, wine and mozzarella tasting and a special access Rome sightseeing tour.
For more information on Independent Insider and Contiki’s new Europe 2018/19 program, contact your local sales manager or visit www.contiki.com/ca/en/destinations/europe/independent-insider.